Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded
If you are getting an error like â Error â Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded through POP3 loginâ while connecting the mail service via email client using POP3 connection, then you would need to increase the Maximum number of POP3 connections allowed for a user from each IP address on your server.
To increase the Maximum number of POP3 connections, please follow the steps provided in this article:
1) Login to your WHM server and then navigate to âService Configurationâ.
2) Click on âMailserver Configurationâ to edit this.
3) From Mailserver Configuration, you can increase the maximum number of POP3 connections on the server. This interface allows you to configure the POP3 and IMAP protocols that theÂ DovecotÂź mail servers use. You can access these options when you run the Dovecot mail server. Search for the variable âMaximum POP3 Connections per IP Addressâ and increase the value to 10.
4) After enabling this change, you would need to save the file by clicking âSave Changesâ button to reflect the changes you were made.
You can also try to edit the configuration via CLI.
1) login to the server as the root user via SSH command.
2) Navigate to /etc/dovecot folder.
3) Open dovecot.conf file using your favorite editor.
# vi dovecot.conf
4) Locate âmail_max_userip_connectionsâ on that configuration file and increase the value to 10, the maximum number of POP3 connections allowed for a user from each IP address.
mail_max_userip_connections = 10
5) Now save the file and restart Exim using the below command.
#service exim restart
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department