Prevent cpanellogd and cpbackup running at the same time
Cpanellogd and cpbackup consumes lots of CPU power of server so it is not advisable to run at the same time. You can prevent cpanellogd and cpbackup running at the same time.
1) Login to WHM.
2) Select the icon â€˜Server Configurationâ€™.
3) Click the option â€˜Statistics Software Configurationâ€™.
4) Click on â€˜Configure Statistic Process Time Scheduleâ€™ button.
5) Select checkbox â€˜prevent cpanellogd (log processing) and cpbackup (Backups) from running at same timeâ€™.
6) Click â€˜Saveâ€™ button.
How to completely remove/disable cPanellogd
1) Create a file:
# touch /etc/cpanellogddisable
2) kill all cpanellogd process by finding the PIDs.
# ps aux | grep cpanellogd
# kill -9 PID
3) Move the following files to prevent cPanel from starting cpanellogd.
# mv /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd.bak
# mv /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/cpanellogd /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/cpanellogd.bak
After doing these all, cpanellogd wonâ€™t be there on your server.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.